12.01.2007

baby fever.

For those of you who don't know it, I have baby fever. Big time. I'm baby crazy, if you will. Baby fever has come and gone for me in the past, but this time it's stuck around for a good 4 or 5 months now.

Skip is not ready for babies. In fact, right before I got this baby craziness, we were both in agreeance that we kind of don't even want babies. Like, ever. So it was a big shock to him when I came down with the fever and it won't go away. I think he's starting to come around to the fact that, ok ok yes Kate wants to have babies for real now. But he's not yet to the point where he is also wanting to have babies at this second. Which is bad. For me.

But they are everywhere! Babies are everywhere. Some good friends of mine at work are either on maternity leave or thisclose to going on maternity leave. My cousin is due this month. One of my very best friends just told me she's pregnant. And you guys, I mean it, I've got it. I've got this fever. For example, last night I went out to eat with my brother, his fiancee, and their almost 3 year-old daughter. She was crazy. She was running around, squealing, didn't want to eat, ran into the kitchen, etc. Skip looked at me and I just said, "Yep, still want 'em!" I mean, she's 2! Of course she's crazy! And I blame the establishment: they didn't give her crayons or coloring stuff or anything. In all honesty, I was kind of bored.

How does this translate to BFL? Not to toot my own horn here, guys, but I'm looking pretty good. I'm pretty much back to my post-college figure and it feels great. I actually need to go shopping because none of my pants fit. It's awesome! But having a baby means that I'm going to gain a ton of weight, and have a hard time losing it (or so they tell me, I like to think I like working out too much to let myself keep all the baby weight).

So that's what I keep telling myself. "Don't have a baby now, you're looking so great and you've been working so hard. Don't lose momentum now. You've only got 3 more weeks!"

But it's haaard. I just want babies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you spell the sound of throwing up?

-kris

betsyradish said...

Dude I want babies too. Pretty mush everyone I know is popping one out too right now. I just calculated it this morning, honestly.

This one chick I work with who teaches the spinning class (so she's a fitness freak like you) said that as soon as she found out she was pregnant, she got one of those inflatable work-out balls and sat on it at work every day, and she said it really helped her stomach not be BLEH.

I told her if she did that at work, I would pop it with scissors while she was sitting on it.

Just some info there for you on the baby fever. I have it to. Except I need to hurry up and get married first.

Oh, and about the blog names instead of dates, I am not sure I have any idea how to do that. So I will check it out this morning and get back to you.

p.s. I think you would be the coolest mommy ever.

betsyradish said...

Wow, I think I misspelled every single word in that comment...

I've had a rough morning.

Anonymous said...

for the record, your old mom didn't have a bit of trouble losing baby weight.