10.03.2007

out of town

Today I've done pretty well. I didn't eat dinner last night since I was driving so late in bad weather and I just wanted to get to the hotel. Then I was so tired I didn't feel like leaving to go to McDonald's or something. I decided to wait for the free breakfast in the morning. This morning I ate scrambled eggs and an English muffin. Lunch was from Panera/St. Louis Bread Co. so I tried to watch my portions, put a lot of salad on my plate, and didn't eat chips or any of the dozens of cookies they sent over. I was proud! Now I'm I going to use my travel bands to get in a lower body workout and tomorrow I can use the hotel's treadmill for my cardio.

I am finding myself trying to use the fact that this week is a trial week or that I'm out of town as an excuse to eat whatever I want. I think I'm doing pretty good though and acknowledging that I'm making excuses. At the same time, I'm also trying to cut myself a little slack. I know that I might not always have access to the healthiest of foods, and in that case it's a matter of watching my portions and doing the best I can. While I'm going to follow BFL as closely as I can, I also realize that I can't be perfect, all I can do is try my best. That is really hard for me.

In other news, I very strongly dislike Springfield, MO. I just don't like it. I do however like the fact that I am watching "Judge Judy" right now for the first time in probably a year. I really love this show.

No comments: